Foxglove Beardtongue - Penstemon digitalis
Regular price $6.00
Penstemon digitalis prefers medium to dry soils but can adapt to different light conditions as well as clay soils. It is a long lived perennial that forms tidy upright clumps. The tubular white flowers attract hummingbirds and long tongued bees.
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Native Northeast Region: ME,NH,VT,MA,RI,CT,NY,NJ,MD,DE,PA
- Sun Exposure: Full to Partial Sun, Shade
- Flower Color: Purple
- Bloom Time: May, June
- Soil Type: Dry to Medium Moist
- Mature Plant Size: 1-2'H, 1-2'W
- Plant Spacing: 1'
- Host Plant:Baltimore Checkerspot
- Attracts: Bees, Butterflies, Hummingbirds
- Advantages: Cut flower, deer resistant, versatile - can be planted in full sun to shade, most to dry soil, clay soil
- Landscape Uses: Perennial border, rock garden
- Companion Plants: Creeping Phlox, Dense Blazing Star, Nodding Onion, Orange Coneflower, Yellow Wild Indigo