Wild Sweet William - Phlox maculata
Regular price $10.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Phonetic: FLAH-ks mak-yuh-LAY-tuh
Wild Sweet William blooms throughout early summer in a palette of soft pinks. The tubular flowers fan out and open to 5 petite, overlapping petals that hummingbirds find irresistible. Phlox maculata can be distinguished from other Phlox by the purplish spotted or streaked markings on the main stem. This plant requires a moderate amount of soil moisture with good drainage and plenty of organic material. As long as its roots are kept cool and moist, Wild Sweet William will do well in full sun to partial shade.
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Native Northeast Region: USDA Database
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color: Pink
- Bloom Time: August, September, October
- Soil Type: Medium - Moist
- Mature Plant Size: 2-3'H, 1-2'W
- Plant Spacing: 1.5'
- Host Plant: Spotted Straw and Olive Arches moths
- Attracts: Bees, Butterflies
- Advantages: Fragrant, cut flower, long bloom time
- Landscape Uses: Cottage gardens, perennial borders, butterfly gardens, mass planting
- Companion Plants: Foxglove, Great Blue Lobelia, Eastern Blue Star
You might also like
Regular price $41.00 — Sold Out
Regular price $57.00