Marsh Marigold - Caltha palustris
Regular price $7.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Phonetic: KAL-tha pal-US-triss
Marsh Marigold matures to 2 feet in height and has large, yellow flowers noticeably blooming early spring in the wetlands. Attractive glossy, heart-shaped leaves add to its appeal. It grows in all light conditions, from full sun to full shade. Marsh Marigold, a member of the Buttercup (Ranunculus) family, can be planted along stream banks or near water gardens in small clumps or large patches. It can tolerate standing water in the spring during its bloom season.
- Hardiness Zones: 2 - 7
- Native Northeast Region: USDA Database
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Flower Color: Yellow
- Bloom Time: April, May, June
- Soil Type: Wet to Moist
- Mature Plant Size: 2'H x 1'W
- Plant Spacing: 12-18"
- Host Plant:
- Attracts: Birds, bees
- Advantages: Deer resistant
- Landscape Uses: Rain garden, pond edge
- Companion Plants: Turtlehead, Cardinal Flower, Great Blue Lobelia, Blue Flag Iris, Rose Milkweed, Dense Blazing Star
You might also like