Lowbush Blueberry - Vaccinium Angustifolium
Regular price $32.00
Phonetic: vak-SIN-ee-um an-gus-tee-FOH-lee-um
All Shrubs are pickup and delivery only. We can no longer ship our shrubs.
1 Gallon Pot
Lowbush Blueberry is a hardy and attractive low growing native deciduous shrub. This popular small shrub is prized by wildlife and people for the sweet tasting blueberries. The berries are often used in jams and jellies because of their sweetness. It also makes a beautiful ground cover amongst taller shrubs. It offers multi season interest with it's small bell shaped flowers in the spring to it's spectacular red fall foliage. Lowbush Blueberry will thrive in moist soils that are acidic, high in organic matter and are well drained. Also, in full sun it will produce more fruit and have showier fall foliage. Plant more than one for best fruit production.
- Hardiness Zone: 2-6
- Native Northeast Region: USDA Database
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Bloom Color: White/pink
- Bloom Time: June
- Soil Type: Moist to Dry
- Mature Plant Size: 2' Height, 2' Width
- Plant Spacing: 2'
- Host Plant:
- Attracts: Bees, butterflies, birds, mammals
- Advantages: Wildlife and human food, tolerates various soil types
- Landscape Uses: Hedgerow, specimen plant
- Companion Plants: Rhodora, Swamp Azaelea, Spicebush