False Aster - Boltonia asteroides
Regular price $7.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Phonetic: bol-TO-nee-uh ass-ter-OY-dees
False Aster is characterized by its attractive flowers and large bushy habit. They can grow 3 to 6 feet tall with a spread of up to 4 feet. False Aster, Boltonia asteroides, prefers dry soil in full sun but can grow in partially shaded areas. The blooms start appearing in mid-summer and last well into early frost periods. The flowering is so profuse that the blossoms cover the entire plant. Sometimes called white doll’s daisy, they bring bright fall tones to the late-season garden.
- Hardiness: 3-10
- Native Region: USDA Plant Database
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun to Part Shade
- Flower Color: White
- Bloom Time: July, August, September, October
- Soil Type: Dry
- Mature Plant Size: 3-6'H, 4'W
- Plant Spacing: 3-4'
- Attracts: Bees, Butterflies, Moths
- Advantages: Naturalized, Easy to grow, Pollinator Plant
- Landscape Uses: Cottage Gardens, Pollinator Gardens
- Companion Plants: Goldenrods, Asters, Joe-Pye Weed
- Deer Resistant
You might also like
Regular price $41.00 — Sold Out
Regular price $57.00