New York Aster - Symphyotrichum novi-belgii
Regular price $8.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
New York Aster is an important fall nectar source for pollinators. Plants thrive in part sun with moist well drained soil.
- Hardiness Zone: 4-7
- Native Northeast Region: ME,NH,VT,MA,RI,CT,NY,NJ,MD,DE,PA
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color: Purple
- Bloom Time: August, September, October
- Soil Type: Medium - Moist
- Mature Plant Size: 3-4'H, 2-3'W
- Plant Spacing: 3'
- Host Plant: Various moths
- Attracts: Bees, Butterflies
- Advantages: Critical fall nectar source, cut flower, deer resistant
- Landscape Uses: Cottage gardens, moist prairies, perennial borders, butterfly gardens
- Companion Plants: Big Blue Stem, Black Eyed Susan, Boneset, Marsh Blazing Star, Sneezeweed, Sweet Joe Pye Weed, Blue Flag Iris