Phonetic: gay-LAR-dee-uh ar-iss-TAY-tuh
The big bold blooms of Blanket Flower are long lasting in the garden and a vase. It is a must for a pollinator garden as it provides pollen and nectar to numerous bees and butterflies throughout the growing season. Plant blanket flower in a dry sunny location.
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Native Region: USDA Plant Database
- Sun Exposure: Full
- Flower Color: Red, Yellow
- Bloom Time: June, July, August, September
- Soil Type: Dry
- Mature Plant Size: 2-2.5'H, 2'W
- Plant Spacing: 18'
- Host Plant: Schinia Masoni
- Attracts: Bees, Butterflies
- Advantages: Deer resistant, drought tolerant, easy to grow, long season of blooms
- Landscape Uses: Cottage gardens, perennial orders, pollinator gardens, rock gardens, roadsides
- Companion Plants: Lance Leaf Coreopsis, Northern Blazing Star, Purple Coneflower
- Groundhog Resistant