Pennsylvania Sedge - Carex pensylvanica
Regular price $10.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Phonetic: KAIR-eks pen-sill-VAN-ee-ka
Photo By Chhe
Pennsylvania Sedge grows actively in spring and fall when soil temperatures are cooler. Planted one foot on center, it fills-in to form a dense low growing turf that doesn't need mowing. Requires a well-drained dryer soil, in partial to full shade.
- Hardiness Zones: 3 - 7
- Native Northeast Region: USDA Database
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun to Shade
- Flower Color: Green
- Bloom Time: April, May, June
- Soil Type: Medium to Dry
- Mature Plant Size: 1'H x 1'W
- Plant Spacing: 1'
- Host Plant: Various Satyr
- Attracts: Moths
- Advantages: Drought tolerant, Deer resistant
- Landscape Uses: Ground cover, lawn substitute, shade garden, mass planting
- Companion Plants: Wild Columbine, Woodland Phlox, Golden Alexanders, Dwarf Crested Iris, Wild Geranium
- Deer Resistant
You might also like